Monday, December 21, 2009

Top 5 Songs of December


Meet Me Half Way - Black Eyed Peas

I think I first heard this song (I don't listen to the radio sorry) when they performed it on SNL. They did like a slowed down version that I really liked. There's something catchy about it even though it's not a party anthem song. Wil.I.Am just seems to make things sound good. I don't even hate Fergie in this one.

Empire State of Mind - Jay Z (ft. Alicia Keys)

Okay I know I know, another mainstream song. But after my recent trip to NYC I love all things New York. Also as my friend Amy says "It's such an inspiring and motivating song" (I'm not sure if that's an exact quote, so don't sue me). My friend Tania says it makes her want to be from New York. They also featured it in Gossip Girl this week (like duh they wouldn't).

Ambling Alp - Yeasayer

I think I heard this song 4 times (on satellite radio) on a recent trip to Toronto to see my friends the Pretty Faces play a show. I've always like Yeasayer and this song is no different. It has the same random lyrics and crazy sounds mixed with a rhythmic beat. It's another one I try to sing along to and probably am getting totally wrong.

Let Me In - El Perro Del Mar

So this song isn't "new" but I had gotten it before we saw this Swedish act perform with PBJ last month and hadn't really listen to it much. After seeing them I decided to give it a try again. I now appreciate the simplicity of it. It's different - they are Swedish after all. It has a drifty very Urban Outfitters feel.

Boneless - Notwist

Okay so I thought for so long he was saying "homeless" instead of "boneless". Why? I have no idea since it doesn't sound ANYTHING like homeless. I love how he draws out the word and the little high whistle thing mixed with the like dirty drum machine sound (in the remix version I have). The original track is good to, a good driving song for roadtrips or a song to ponder life by.

No comments:

Post a Comment