Thursday, December 17, 2009

Movie Weekend

Last weekend I saw three movies. Here is what I saw and what I thought:

Public Enemy - Some parts were slow, you had to pay attention to follow the story and keep the characters straight. As usual Johnny Depp did a good job "becoming" the character. 3.5/5

Julie & Julia - This one was really good. I loved the parts between Stanley Tucci and Meryl Streep. Amy Adams wasn't my favourite part of the movie surprisingly. I thought it was really good and I really like the actor who played Julie's husband - he was in Away We Go. Pretty sure I'll buy this one - even if it DID make me want to eat after. 4/5

Brothers - Very intense emotionally, like I didn't cry but you definitely have strong feelings for the characters. The little girls in the movie are amazing. It's shocking and I would definitely recommend it. Some critics panned it for the "war" themes but put that aside and it's a decent movie. My one friend said the only thing missing was Jake Gyllenhaal topless. 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment