Monday, December 28, 2009

10 Tips to Being Photogenic

So I read these tips in a magazine recently...I will paraphrase and put my own spin on them...enjoy. I do not guarantee any results, but if they make you more photogenic then I will take the credit.

1- Stand Like the Celebs
So basically they said you should stand with your torso twisted, one shoulder facing the camera and one pointing away. Oh and I also heard somewhere else to put your hand on your hip - it makes your arms see slimmer.

2 - Wear Lip Gloss
So maybe this tip is for girls only. The recommend a barry colour since it's supposed to be universally flattering.

3 - Be Sober
No drunk pictures.

4 - Lay Off the Hairspray
They recommend "natural hair", I don't think they mean bedhead though unless that is the look you are going for...

5 - Use a Good Camera
Do I really have to elaborate?

6 - Stick Your Neck Out
Maybe don't overdo this one though, you could look crazy.

7 - Sunrise or Sunset
These times of day have the most flattering light. No glaring sun in your eyeball or bright flash making you look white at night.

8 - Reduce the Shine
Don't look all sweaty, again unless that's the look you are going for. They recommend some blotting powder.

9 - Say "Money"
Don't say cheese say money. I've tried this one and it works actually. The smile is much better. Plus who wants to yell cheese?

10 - Trademark Your Look
o you know how models have a signature walk or stare, that's what the article said to do. This Zoolander. People tell me I tilt my head to the side like 90% of the time when I pose. Practice in the mirror - that's what Tyra tells her models to do.

Now go take some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment