Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Movie Review - "The September Issue"

I wouldn't recommend this everyone, in fact I would probably only recommend it those who read Vogue, have an appreciation for fashion and who want to see behind the scenes of an often mocked industry. The premise looks at the creation of the September 2007 issue of Vogue (the September issue is their largest each year). It also looked at Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington the two that really make the magazine happen. I definitely learned a lot about these women. The movie was like candy for your eyes, with shots of Paris, Rome and New York. You see just how much work goes into a spread and at what an art it really is, while still being a business for sure. You learn to respect Anna, even though she seems like a nightmare at times. I laughed, I was shocked and, well no I didn't cry. If you like this you must see Valentino: The Last Emperor, I DID cry at the end of that.
My rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment