Saturday, February 6, 2010

Where in the World is King Tut?



Well he wasn't at the AGO in Toronto. Last weekend I went to the AGO (my first time) for the King Tut exhibit they have at going on. So we got tickets and I was all psyched to see the mummy at the end...except it wasn't there. At my whines of disappointment (disappointment is the wrong word since I'm not really into all that Egyptian stuff, more like let down by my expectations) my dad informs me that there was a sign at the beginning explaining that King Tut himself is still in Egypt or something. The exhibit was made up of artifacts found in his antechamber and the other rooms designated for his things under the pyramid. There were lots of other things to look at as well and the intro movie at the beginning was narrated by Harrison Ford haha.

The museum itself though is beautiful. Frank Gehry (also designs jewelry for Tiffany's) did an awesome job. It's airy and large and you can get lost in the artwork. The perfect place for a photoshoot.



For dinner we went to Jump on Wellington St. It's part of the Oliver & Bonacini family of restaurants. Our waiter was awesome and the food was even better. The dessert platter was gone in a matter of seconds. Highly recommended.

We also stayed at the Weston Harbour Castle which is always a special treat. I loved their soaps, they were little leaves! This was the view from out window...CHILLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment