Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mumford & Sons

For my second show of 2010 I was delighted to see the British act Mumford & Sons yet again. I had first seen them in 2008 when my sister convinced me to go to a show. These guys are great - and hot! They had a great time and I love when bands are having as much fun as me. It's like we're in it together. I knew the show was sold out, but like at 7:30pm (doors were at 8pm) there was already a line up of over 100 people - something I've never seen at Lee's Palace before. The crowd was obviously excited.

A local Toronto band, The Sunparlour Players, did a pretty impressive two man show. At first I thought I was going to be disappointed, but I wasn't. They had an indie, country, folk, rock vibe - but doing it all in black suits.


Mumford played a great set, with some new tracks and all the "old favourites". They were surprised that people knew the words to their songs - but of course we do. They joked around with us and told jokes and were just overall cute and perfect. For their encore they dd one of the songs unplugged - literally. Marcus played the drums for some songs and the others he played guitar - showing his talent as a musician. The crowd called Ted a wanker, somewhat of an inside joke it seemed. There were two nice girls in front of us (in our usual spot actually) who we chatted with before and after sets who were really nice and told us more about the collective that Mumford is apart of. Oh and you can't forget the old guy near us who was slightly inebriated yelling at everyone that he couldn't see.

1 comment:

  1. One of the best shows we've seen yet, if not the best. Listening to them now actually... how coincidental!

    ReplyDelete