Friday, January 22, 2010

Top 5 Songs of January

Life Magazine - Cold Cave

I've read about this band in a lot of music mags lately, I think they're going to be a bid deal. I really hope they tour soon because I'd love to see them (oh sorry they are touring North America, just not Canada). I love the repetitive like kids keyboard sound. It's definitely a toe thumper. The girl voice echoing so that you can't understand her is perfection.

U + Me - Dan Black

It was a toss up but I went with this track from France (love that). This track has a Tiga or Mika feel. It's like indie tance techno music. Similar to Esser. Enough comparisons? More props to this guy cus his US tour is 6 dates, which are NYC, Montreal, Toronto and LA. Hells yeah.

Donde Esta La Playa - The Walkmen

The Walkmen are by no means new, but this song off their last CD You & Me released in 2008 gets me. I recently discovered it though and I couldn't help but fall in love with Hamilton Leithauser's voice all over again. Gotta love those NYC bands.

One Life Stand - Hot Chip

Love, love, love this song. I can't wait to see them in concert this April. I know they will put on a wicked light show and it will be really loud. I love blasting this in the car on the way to work...

Blue Light (Engineers Anti Gravity Mix)- Bloc Party

OMG just listen to this song. I heard it on YouTube, someone had used it in a Chuck and Blair video. Like I listened to it on repeat for 3 days. I get immediate ideas in my head for videos. Totally should be on GG btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment