Friday, January 22, 2010

100% Truth is Weird


Last night we rented the Invention of Lying staring Ricky Gervais and Jennifer Garner. This movie was weird. I hadn't read reviews or anything really for it, but after seeing Ricky Gervais host the Golden Globes I decided to give it a chance. So it was weird kinda of like how Stranger Than Fiction was weird. Not bad but different. Like not only could the characters only tell the truth (they had no word for "lying" and couldn't conceive the idea) they had to say whatever was on their mind. Like if they walked by an ugly person they couldn't just walk by, they had to say "I think you are unattractive". It's basically about a guy who is a "loser" who figures out how to lie and that it can get you whatever you want and make you not a loser - that's not the lesson that you're exactly left with but close enough. I was surprised at how many well known actors were in it though, like Tina Fey, Rob Lowe and Jonah Hill. I didn't like some aspects of it, but it was okay. I found myself wanting it to end though, so I guess that's not a good sign.

Rating: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment