Friday, August 13, 2010

DAY ONE

I just finished this amazing book entitled "Day One" by author David Nicholls. I was at my local Chapters last week and saw a display at the end of the aisle for this book. To be honest it was the cover that grabbed my eye, but the synopsis was so intriguing that I picked it up and brought it home (after purchasing it of course). It's set in Edinburgh and parts of England (which I love) and follows the two main characters from 1988-2007. The meet on July 15, 1988 the day after graduating from the University of Edinburgh. Each chapter takes place exactly one year from that date. It's amazingly written and funny, real, sad and touching. It's a book I will be thinking about for awhile. I would highly recommend it, I've already passed it on to a friend to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment