Friday, April 2, 2010

Give Me Some AIR

Last week I got to see a band that's been around for a long time (from my perspective), AIR. I first discovered the French duo when I was in my last year of high school. Songs like Cherry Blossom Girl and Surfing on a Rocket had me hooked. Their classically infused ambient-trance, electronica songs bordering on weird at times sounded cool. Live they were a bit boring if I'm perfectly honest. It was the first time that I actually left a show before it ended. They don't really ever engage the crowd, they just are focused on their synthesizers. For me the joy of seeing live music is getting to be a part of it. While I don't regret seeing them they are not an act I would see again. The variety of people there was also something rarely seen - but I guess that speaks to their wide appeal, something strange for a non-mainstream act.




No comments:

Post a Comment