Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Top 5 Songs of October

So not all of these are new, some are older but rediscovered:

Wait - Alexi Murdoch

You may recognize this from the movie Away We Go with John Krasinski and Maya Rudoplph. If you haven;t seen this movie yet my only question for you is: Why? Anyways this song is amazing - if you are in a reflective kind of sad mood I'm pretty sure you will cry.

Horchata - Vampire Weekend

I finally took the 2 seconds it takes to find out what Horchata is. It's the name for several kinds of traditional beverages, made of ground almonds, sesame seeds, rice, barley or tigernuts. Sounds gross. Nevertheless, the song is good.

Animal (Crookers remix) - Miike Snow

Yes this song was on Gossip Girl but that wasn't the first time I heard it. It's kinda jungle sounding but not so much that it's annoying (at least in my opinion). I particularly like this version. If you like this one try Plastic Jungle - I love driving to that one.

Velvet - The Big Pink

This has 90's feel mixed with a melodic space-y-ness that will probably be used in a car commercial.

Moth's Wings - Passion Pit

This has a harpsichord thing happening at the beginning and it's fun to TRY and sing-a-long to.


3 comments:

  1. I love Velvet by the Big Pink! The other ones i've never heard of, i'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. AWESOME 2. NEED TO DL 3. AWESOME 4. AWESOME 5. AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy Big Pink is coming to Toronto...the show is this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete