Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The XX

I wonder if they put their hands together outside a club with those black x's that bouncers put on your hands for people underaged...Well I don't know why they are called The XX, but they are and they are good. The xx are a band from from south west London and formed in 2005 when they were just 16 years old! The four band members met at the same school Hot Chip attended. They even produced their own album which is pretty cool. My friend Amy and I have this thing were randomly all the things we really like are connected - here's another example, they toured with The Big Pink who we also like and are going to see this fall. Their sound is really cool. To me it seems more mature than their 20 years...like chill and kinda sad at times. I also love who it bounces between guy/girl singing...kinda like The Stars, but a different sound for sure. All their stuff is good but my current favourites are : Infinity, Basic Space, Shelter and Islands. Okay forget it I like them ALL. Can't wait to see them in December...

Very 90's vibe in their style don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment