Friday, August 28, 2009

Kiss of Life

So if you haven't heard this band you NEED to. Like really. No do it now. I'm waiting. Okay now that your life has changed I can continue. 'Jump In The Pool' was the first song I heard from this British trio back in early 2008. I was immediately in love. Later that year the band was featured on Gossip Girl. In March I saw them on NME double bill at Lee's Palace with fellow Brits White Lies (also life changing band). Ed, Edd and Jack are really chill, cool guys. Ed's dancing is also a sight that cannot be missed. At the first show we talked to Ed after the show and he took a
picture with us.


After the first show at Lee's Palace, Toronto ON on March 31, 2009



At the show we just went to August 10th we talked to all the guys and they signed our t-shirts. Ed was sick (he said it was from alcohol poisoning from Lollapalooza even though he told the audience he thought he had Swine Flu, jokingly of course) . To say I was ecstatic when I found out they had another show in December at the Phoenix is putting it mildly. Edd had hinted at it when we talked to him before the show (yes we were first in line and thus had this opportunity as he was leaving rehersals to go get Ed from the hotel). I can't wait for December to get my dance on again :)


Friendly Fires performing at Lee's Palace, Toronto on August 10, 2009

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them.
    Like..... I'm pretty sure we love them more than a mother loves her baby. Yup... we definitely do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE ARE SEEING THEM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

    ReplyDelete